Easy Tips to Feel Good
With America’s fast-paced and demanding lifestyle, people need a high quality diet. Black Canyon® Angus Beef is there. And when Americans come together to celebrate life, they want to do it with family, friends, and the best tasting foods. And again, Black Canyon Angus Beef is there. Black Canyon has the tips to help make life more fun, more nutritious and more delicious.
• Encourage your children to participate in preparing meals.
• Lean beef has 6 times more zinc, 3 times more iron and 8 times more Vitamin B12 than a skinless chicken breast (based on USDA data).
• 3-oz serving of cooked beef = size of a deck of cards.
• Exercise is more effective when coupled with a higher protein diet.
• How much exercise is needed to prevent disease? According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ physical activity guidelines, adults should participate in at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity per week, including at least two days of muscle-strengthening activities. While exercising up to 300 minutes per week has even greater health benefits. Visit http://www.eatright.org for more tips.
• Use an activity tracker or pedometer to track daily steps and aim for a goal such as 10,000 steps per day.
• Park far away from your building and use the stairs.
• Add some protein to a lunch salad with a few slices of leftover steak.
• Applying spice rubs to steaks and roasts boosts flavor without adding fat.
• Stir-frying vegetables in water or broth, instead of oil, eliminates fat while retaining color and fresh tastes.
• By chilling soups, stews and chili after cooking, you can easily remove fat from the surface as it solidified.