Ancho Chili-Rubbed Beef Roast
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine Ancho Rub ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons rub for potatoes. Press remaining rub mixture evenly onto beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare; 2 to 2-1/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5°-10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Meanwhile combine reserved rub with oil in large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat evenly. Place potatoes on baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour. Uncover potatoes; stir and continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Carve beef roast into thin slices; serve with potatoes. Season beef and potatoes with salt, as desired.
A beef eye of round roast may be substituted for beef sirloin tip roast. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare doneness. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare.
Nutrition information per serving: 472 Calories; 14 g Total Fat (4 g Saturated Fat; 5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 15 mg Cholesterol; 139 mg sodium; 36 g Total Carbohydrate; 6.1 g Dietary Fiber; 50 g Protein; 5.9 mg Iron; 9.7 mg Niacin; 1 mg Vitamin B6; 2.6 mcg Vitamin B12; 8.6 mg Zinc; 53.7 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.