BBQ-Rubbed Beef Roast
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons rub for potatoes. Press remaining rub mixture evenly onto beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare (135°F.)
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F. Transfer to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Meanwhile, Combine reserved rub with 2 teaspoons water in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat evenly. Place potatoes on metal baking pan and lightly spray with cooking spray. Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour. Uncover potatoes; stir and continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Carve beef roast into thin slices; serve with potatoes.
A beef sirloin tip roast may be substituted for beef eye of round roast. Roast in 325°F oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare doneness. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140°F for medium rare.
Nutrition information per serving: : 315 Calories; 6 g Total Fat (2 g Saturated Fat; 2 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 70 mg Cholesterol; 100 mg Sodium; 26 g Total Carbohydrate; 3.6 g Dietary Fiber; 37 g Protein; 4.4 mg Iron; 8.2 mg Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 1.7 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.4 mg Zinc; 40.2 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber.