Beef Rib Roast with Herb Shallot Sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine garlic-pepper seasoning and 2 tablespoons thyme in small bowl; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare; 2 to 2-1/4 hours for medium doneness.
- 3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°-15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Meanwhile skim fat from drippings. Combine drippings, shallot and remaining 2 teaspoons thyme in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until shallots are crisp-tender. Stir in wine and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup. Stir in butter. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Carve roast into slices. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 273 Calories; 11 g Total Fat (5 g Saturated Fat; 4 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 101 mg Cholesterol; 319 mg Sodium; 1 g Total Carbohydrate; 0 g Dietary Fiber; 38 g Protein; 2.6 mg Iron; 11 mg Niacin; 0.8 mg Vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg Vitamin B12; 7 mg Zinc; 43.8 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron