Cajun Beef & Bean Burritos
- Cut steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Place beef and 1/2 cup salsa in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Prepare rice and bean mix according to package directions, using 1/4 cup less water and omitting oil or margarine; keep warm.
- Meanwhile remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Do not overcook. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef. Season with salt.
- Return beef with juices to skillet. Add rice and remaining 1/4 cup salsa; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 1 cup beef mixture evenly down center of each tortilla, leaving 1-1/2-inch border around edge. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges. Serve with additional salsa, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 543 Calories; 13 g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 6 g Monounsaturated Fat); 5 mg Cholesterol; 1212 mg Sodium; 66 g Total Carbohydrate; 5.7 g Dietary Fiber; 37 g Protein; 5.4 mg Iron; 10.2 mg Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.3 mg Zinc; 47.5 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.