Garlic-Pepper Petite Top Loin with Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine Seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
2. Place Roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1 to 1-1/4 hours for medium rare; 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium doneness.
3. Meanwhile, toss green beans, mushrooms and shallots with oil on rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. About 1 hour before beef is finished roasting, place vegetables on bottom oven rack. After removing Roast, increase oven temperature to 425°F; continue roasting vegetables about 15 minutes or until beans and shallots are crisp-tender and starting to brown, stirring once.
4. Remove Roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer Roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
5. Carve Roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with roasted vegetables.
Nutrition information per serving: 231 calories; 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 69 mg cholesterol; 5 mg sodium; 8 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 26 g protein; 8.7 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 3.5 mcg vitamin B12; 2.6 mg iron; 34.6 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc; 13.2 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.
Cook's Tip: One beef top sirloin petite roast (3 to 4 pounds) may be substituted for top loin petite roast. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare; 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours for medium doneness.