Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin Roast
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine basil, thyme, parsley and pepper; stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Set aside. Toss potatoes and shallots with remaining 2 tablespoons oil on rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and ground black pepper, as desired. Turn vegetables, cut-side down.
- Roast beef in 425°F oven 35 to 45 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness; roast vegetables 55 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.) Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 425°F. Stir vegetables; continue roasting 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned.
- Carve roast into slices, season with coarse salt, as desired. Serve with roasted vegetables.
Nutrition information per serving: 250 Calories; 10 g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 0 g Trans Fat; 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 6 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 55 mg Cholesterol; 45 mg Sodium; 21 g Total Carbohydrate; 2 g Dietary Fiber; 20 g Protein; 3 mg Iron; 688 mg Potassium; 8.4 mg Niacin; 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 2.6 mcg Vitamin B12; 3 mg Zinc; 16 mcg Selenium; 41.3 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Potassium, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron