Pepper-Crusted Strip Steaks with Grilled Vegetables
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until crisp- tender. Let stand 5 minutes to cool slightly. Thread potato halves onto 10 to 12-inch metal skewers. Thread onion halves onto separate metal skewers.
- Combine rub ingredients; reserve 2 teaspoons for garnish. Press remaining herb mixture evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange potatoes, onions and asparagus around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill potatoes and onions 5 to 10 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until golden brown and tender; grill asparagus 6 to 10 minutes (covered, 8 to 12 minutes on gas grill) or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove potatoes and onions from skewers; peel onions. Combine potatoes, onions, lemon juice, and oil in large bowl. Toss to coat. Season with salt, as desired.
- Carve steaks into slices. Season with salt, as desired; sprinkle with reserved herb mixture. Serve steaks with grilled vegetables.
Nutrition information per serving: 450 Calories; 15 g Total Fat (5 g Saturated Fat; 0.5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 130 mg Cholesterol; 100 mg Sodium; 29 g Total Carbohydrate; 4 g Dietary Fiber; 48 g Protein; 8.46 mg Iron; 1.2 mg Vitamin B6; 6.2 mcg Vitamin B12; 7.1 mg Zinc; 41.2 mcg Selenium; 124.9 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Dietary Fiber.