Pesto-Rubbed Ribeye Roast
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine pesto and red pepper; spread evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
2. Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 50 to 65 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness.
3. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and olives in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in fresh basil; cook 1 minute. Keep warm.
4. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
5. Carve roast into slices; season with salt and ground black pepper, as desired. Serve with tomato-olive mixture.
Nutrition information per serving: 229 calories; 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 259 mg sodium; 4 g carbohydrate; 0.9 g fiber; 26 g protein; 4.9 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 3.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.0 mg iron; 0.0 mcg selenium; 6.0 mg zinc; 0.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc; and a good source of iron.
Cook's Tip: If using dried basil, combine it with tomatoes and olives in saucepan before simmering.