Smoked Tri-Tip Street Tacos
- Add wood chunks, chips or pellets to smoker according to manufacturer's instructions. Preheat smoker to 225°F. Cook's Tip: Use hickory chips for a light smoke flavor.
- Add beef Tri-Tip Roast to smoker according to manufacturer's instructions. Set timer for 45 minutes depending on desired smoke flavor.
- Meanwhile heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add poblano peppers, onion and garlic; cook 8 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Add ancho powder and stir until combined. Cook 5 to 6 minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice until combined.
- When roast is done smoking, carefully remove it from smoker. Place roast on grid over medium heat on preheated gas grill or in 350°F oven until roast reaches 145°F doneness (medium rare), approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Remove roast and transfer to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Carve roast into thin slices. Place poblano mixture to tortillas; top with beef. Garnish tacos with toppings, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 478 Calories; 16 g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 4 g Trans Fat; 0 g Monounsaturated Fat); 66 mg Cholesterol; 450 mg Sodium; 56 g Total Carbohydrate; 13.6 g Dietary Fiber; 36 g Protein; 6.4 mg Iron; 8 mg Niacin; 0.9 mg Vitamin B6; 3.3 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.9 mg Zinc; 39 mcg Selenium; 92.9 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Choline.