1. Prepare Tabbouleh. Mix bulgur and boiling water; set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Combine remaining Tabbouleh ingredients.
3. Fluff bulgur, add to combined mixture; refrigerator at least 1 hour for flavors to develop.
4. Salt and pepper the beef strips.
5. Combine lemon juice, yogurt, garlic and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add seasoned beef strips; marinate 1 hour. Remove beef from marinade and grill to desired doneness. Serve with pita bread and tabbouleh (recipe below).
To make the Tabbouleh, use the following ingredients:
1 cup bulgur
1 ½ cups boiling water
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1 cup fresh chopped parsley
¼ cup fresh chopped mint
1 cup scallions, minced
2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
salt and pepper to taste
Tip: Use a grill basket or sheet of foil to ensure the items don’t fall through the grate.