1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
2. Heat olive oil in pan over medium to high heat. Sauté beef strips 1 minute per side. Add onion and carrot and sauté for 2 minutes. Add shiitake mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
3. Boil pasta according to package directions.
4. Add wine, tomatoes (undrained), salt, and crushed red peppers to the beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the other pot of pasta is done.
5. Drain and plate the pasta, top with the braised beef, vegetables and sauce. Garnish with fresh oregano.