Beef Tenderloin with Easy Cranberry Balsamic Sauce
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine thyme and pepper; reserve 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture for sauce. Press remaining seasoning mixture evenly onto all surfaces of roast.\
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 50 to 60 minutes for medium rare; 60 to 70 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Meanwhile prepare sauce. Combine vinegar and shallots in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Stir in cranberry sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 6 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in reserved seasoning and salt.
- Carve roast into slices; serve with sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 320 Calories; 10 g Total Fat (4 g Saturated Fat; 0.5 g Trans Fat; 0.8 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 4.4 g Monounsaturated Fat); 115 mg Cholesterol; 130 mg Sodium; 21 g Total Carbohydrate; 0 g Dietary Fiber; 38 g Protein; 5 mg Iron; 516.4 mg Potassium; 0 mg Niacin; 1 mg Vitamin B6; 5.6 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.8 mg Zinc; 34.2 mcg Selenium; 0.3 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Potassium.