Beer-Braised Brisket with Mustard Sauce
1. Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef Brisket in stockpot; brown evenly. Remove Brisket from stockpot; season with salt and pepper.
2. Add onions to stockpot; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Return Brisket, fat side up, to stockpot. Add beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until Brisket is fork-tender.
3. Remove Brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Increase heat and bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reduced by half.
4. Meanwhile combine Mustard Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons thickened cooking liquid.
5. Carve Brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Pour remaining onion mixture over beef. Serve with Mustard Sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 279 calories; 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 62 mg cholesterol; 728 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 0.8 g fiber; 36 g protein; 5.2 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.6 mcg vitamin B12; 3.2 mg iron; 36.4 mcg selenium; 8.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.