Beer-Braised Brisket with Mustard Sauce
This beer-braised brisket with tangy mustard sauce is perfect for entertaining. Make it ahead of time, and then gently reheat it.
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place brisket in stockpot; brown evenly. Remove brisket from stockpot; season with salt and pepper.
- Add onions to stockpot; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Return brisket, fat side up, to stockpot. Add beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Increase heat and bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reduced by half.
- Meanwhile combine Mustard Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons thickened cooking liquid.
- Carve brisket diagonally, across the grain, into thin slices. Pour remaining onion mixture over beef. Serve with Mustard Sauce.
Black Canyon® Angus Beef Bottom Round or Bottom Round Rump Roast may also be used to prepare this recipe.
Nutrition information per serving: 279 Calories; 9 g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 4 g Monounsaturated Fat); 62 mg Cholesterol; 728 mg Sodium; 1 g Total Carbohydrate; 0.8 g Dietary Fiber; 36 g Protein; 3.2 mg Iron; 5.2 mg Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 2.6 mcg Vitamin B12; 8.6 mg Zinc; 36.4 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.