Greek Beef Steak and Hummus Plate
- Combine Rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 17 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, using vegetable peeler, peel cucumber into thin strips. Toss cucumber, lemon juice and pepper in medium bowl; set aside.
- Prepare Romesco Sauce. Combine roasted red bell pepper, tomatoes, almonds, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, orange juice and salt in food processor bowl or blender. Cover; pulse on and off until pureed.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Place 1/4 cup hummus on each plate. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Romesco Sauce. Top with cucumber strips and sliced beef. Garnish with pita chips, feta cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, olives and oregano, if desired.
This recipe may be served on a large platter for a shared appetizer
Romesco Sauce recipe can be made ahead. This sauce recipe will make 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition information per serving: 372 Calories; 18 g Total Fat (4 g Saturated Fat; 9 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 70 mg Cholesterol; 668 mg Sodium; 19 g Total Carbohydrate; 7.6 g Dietary Fiber; 33 g Protein; 4.6 mg Iron; 8.3 mg Niacin; 0.8 mg Vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.4 mg Zinc; 33.1 mcg Selenium; 109.8 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline.