Restaurant-Style Tenderloin with Spinach Brown Rice
- Place 2 cups spinach, almonds, cheese and garlic in food processor container. Cover; process until coarse paste forms. With motor running, slowly add 2 tablespoons water and oil until smooth. Season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place beef steaks in skillet and brown 2 minutes. Turn steaks over and place skillet into preheated oven; cook 13 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine rice, remaining 1 cup water and salt, if desired, in medium saucepan; cook according to package directions. Chop remaining 1 cup spinach. During last 5 minutes of cooking, add chopped spinach to pan and continue to cook. Remove from heat, add cherries and 1 tablespoon pesto to rice; stir to combine.
- Remove steaks from oven when internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium doneness. Remove steaks from pan; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium doneness.
- Serve steaks over brown rice with remaining pesto. Garnish rice with additional almonds, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 584 Calories; 23 g Total Fat (6 g Saturated Fat; 12 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 104 mg Cholesterol; 227 mg Sodium; 48 g Total Carbohydrate; 6.2 g Dietary Fiber; 45 g Protein; 4.7 mg Iron; 13.2 mg Niacin; 1.1 mg Vitamin B6; 2.2 mcg Vitamin B12; 8.2 mg Zinc; 55.4 mcg Selenium; 158.7 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline.