Sous Vide Corned Beef and Sauerkraut
- Attach sous vide wand to stock pot. Fill pot with water according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Preheat sous vide wand to 190° F.
- Place Corned Beef Brisket and seasoning packet in plastic food-safe bag and seal, removing as much air as possible. Cook's Tip: For best results use a vacuum sealer.
- Submerge bag in water. Set timer for 24 hours.
- Add cabbage and remaining ingredients to food-safe plastic bag, seal, removing as much air as possible, and submerge in stock pot with beef for last 2 hours of cooking time.
- At end of cooking time, carefully remove bags from pot and transfer beef and sauerkraut to platter; keep warm.
Nutrition information per serving: 338 Calories; 16 g Total Fat (8 g Saturated Fat; 5 g Monounsaturated Fat); 99 mg Cholesterol; 795 mg Sodium; 15 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.8 g Dietary Fiber; 34 g Protein; 3.5 mg Iron; 4.3 mg Niacin; 0.3 mg Vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.2 mg Zinc; 27.9 mcg Selenium; 58 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Vitamin B6, and Choline.