Check out this Korean-Style recipe using Flanken-Style ribs!
Koren ribs (or galbi) are made with flanken-style short ribs. Flanken-style ribs = thinly sliced beef across the rib section.
Make the marinade:
- Combine: ¼ cup green onion, ¼ cup + 2 tbsp soy sauce, ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar, ¼ cup apple juice
- Add: 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp minced ginger, 1 tsp crushed red pepper.
- Marinate for 2 hours or overnight
- Remove ribs from marinade; bring excess marinade to a boil ~ 5 minutes
- Ready for dipping!
- Meanwhile, grill ribs over medium coals or medium heat on oreheated gas grill
- Serve grilled ribs with dipping sauce and pickled vegetables!
Flanken-Style Beef Rib Short Ribs, cut ¼-inch thick
¼ cup green onion
¼ cup + 2 tbsp soy sauce
¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
¼ cup apple juice
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp crushed red pepper